How to Apply
The application procedure for admission to LIFE is online. Please read this entire section carefully so that you do things in the proper order. Note that you will not be able to change your data after you have submitted them.
The deadline for applications is November 30, 2021. Please, note that delayed applications will not be considered.
THE PROCEDURE AT A GLANCE
- See FAQs to make sure you are eligible to apply.
- Start compiling your documents early. You will need a fair amount of time to get all the information together, and your referees need enough time to write their letters.
- Find referees. You will need to ask two referees to write letters of recommendation for you. They must be named in your application form, so please first ensure that they are willing to provide the recommendation. It is your responsibility to contact your referees and make sure they submit the recommendation letter on time. Your referees can send their letters by e-mail, preferably as a pdf file.
- Fill out the application form. Please choose at least one desired mentor/advisor from the list of LIFE faculty members in Berlin (see People and Represented Disciplines).
- Send us your supplementary application materials as one PDF file by e-mail.
- Note. If you are invited to an interview (due in March 2022), you will be asked to send us legally attested copies of your certificates.